Friday, April 13, 2007

Sacred Lights

Every Image Has A Story - "Sacred Lights"
From Laura:
"I'm currently looking in to the world of magical thinking, that of belief systems be it regarding religion, superstition, obsessive disorders and advertising, each of which controls the thinking of an individual by potentially negative assumptions i.e I am not worthy/guilt/sin/ideals.
I have been looking at stained glass windows and how they are installed to let only sacred light through them in to the vacinity of the holy area, whilst depicting holy scenes or preaching holy scripture as to how one should behave and live their life, this in turn had me look at billboards and how they too preach 'scripture' and depict how one should behave and live their life. So to the job in hand I set out for my first project : to transform a bus shelter billboard (lit at night) to a stained glass window asa comparison between the two 'sacred lights'"

see pics here on the wooster collective site
http://www.woostercollective.com/2007/04/every_image_has_a_story_sacred_lights.html#mail

1 comment:

Rayjo said...

What an apt post for Friday 13th. The day when unlucky things are supposed to happen! Do bad things happen to people because they go around looking for them? Good question! I dont think the most catastrophic things will happen to me when I walk under a ladder.. however, if the person atop one paints anything like me then I might just get "overcome with emulsion"!

I wonder if people have the same attitude towards beauty. Maybe, like trouble, ugliness abounds because you are actively looking for it. Maybe we ignore beauty and the small gems of luck at our peril..